Printable Walmart Application
Walmart is probably the best known retail store in the US and also has branches located in fifteen other countries as well. As a store known for selling almost anything you might be looking for – from goldfish to gold necklaces, toys to tomatoes and everything in between as you can imagine the variety of job opportunities available at Walmart is huge. Whatever type of job you are looking for any career at Walmart has to begin by completing the online Walmart application.
** Walmart does not provide a printable walmart application. In order to apply for a job at Walmart you need to enter the Walmart career website.
Who Can Get a Job at Walmart?
There are a lot of different job opportunities offered by the Walmart corporation. Some are in stores, some corporate and others are based in Walmart’s giant shipping and distribution centers.
Job opportunities with Walmart include:
- General sales associates in Walmart stores. Some people are hired as general cashiers while others are assigned to specialist departments like electronics and jewelry.
- General sales associates in Sams Club stores
- Shelf stockers/maintenance staff in Walmart and Sams Club stores
- Assistant store managers at both Walmart and Sams Club
- Store managers at both Walmart and Sams Club
- Pharmacy techs and pharmacists to work in house at Walmart or Sams Club Pharmacies
- Optometry techs and optometrists to work in eye care stores located in Walmart and Sams Club
- Butchers and deli techs for Super Walmart and Sams Club stores
- Truck drivers to transport goods all over the country
- Packing and warehouse workers for Walmart depots all over the country.
- Corporate opportunities in marketing, sales,. e commerce, administration and much more.
- Opportunities to work in various positions in Walmart stores abroad as well as in foreign corporate offices.
Most entry level Walmart store associates begin at a minimum wage rate but salary increases with experience. For professional careers like positions in the pharmacies salaries are competitive with other similar stores. Most Walmart employees at all levels have access to health insurance, a 401K plan and paid vacation.
Walmart does have a policy of promoting from within. 2 out of 3 of their store managers began as entry level floor staff and many of their senior level corporate leaders have worked in Walmart stores in the past too. Many of the managers at all levels, including senior management, are women. In fact in 2011 33% of the Walmart senior executive committee were female. Walmart also actively recruits former members of the military.
Completing the Online Walmart Application The Right Way
Completing the online Walmart application takes at least 30 minutes so make sure you allow yourself enough uninterrupted time to do so. It is not a complicated form but it does require quite a lot of information so make sure that you have all the essentials on hand before you begin. That will include information, including contact information, for all your previous employers, your college if you have a degree and any references you have.
You should make sure that you have all of this written down correctly as any mistakes may delay your application. When it comes to people you intend to use as a reference you should let them know beforehand what you intend to do, so that if they get a call from a WalMart hiring manager they will not be surprised!
As you complete each section of the online Walmart application you will be prompted to review your information before you submit it. This is a very important step and you should not skip it just to save time.
Interesting Facts About Walmart You Might Like to Know:
- Sam Walton opened what is considered to be the very first Walmart in Bentonville, Arkansas in 1962 as “Walton’s 5 & 10”. The original store is still there today but now it serves as a museum and visitor’s center.
- If Walmart was a country in 2011 it would have the 19th largest economy in the world!
- 100 million people shop at a US Walmart store every week. That is the equivalent of a 1/3 of the country’s entire population!
- New Walmart stores open all the time and the company says that every time one does it provides at least 300 new jobs.
- Although Sam Walton died in 1992 all of his family continue to be active in the business. They are also very active in the field of charitable giving. According to Forbes magazine they have donated 2% of their $86 billion net worth to various causes.
- There are a number of Walmart stores in China but what you will find on the shelves in their food departments there is a little different. Chinese Walmarts sell whole crocodiles in their meat departments as well as dried reptile parts and live frogs and turtles in their fish department!